Dozens of centres across the UK - CQC approved
Fast track appointments and quick reports
Preferred rates and an easy referral process
For further queries please call: 0207 989 0889
Colonoscopy or coloscopy is the endoscopic examination of the large bowel and the distal part of the small bowel with a CCD camera or a fiber optic camera on a flexible tube passed through the anus. It can provide a visual diagnosis (e.g. ulceration, polyps) and grants the opportunity for biopsy or removal of suspected colorectal cancer lesions. Colonoscopy can remove polyps as small as one millimeter or less. Once polyps are removed, they can be studied with the aid of a microscope to determine if they are precancerous or not.
Colonoscopy is similar to Sigmoidoscopy, the difference being related to which parts of the colon each can examine. A colonoscopy allows an examination of the entire colon (1200–1500 mm in length). A Sigmoidoscopy allows an examination of the distal portion (about 600 mm) of the colon, which may be sufficient because benefits to cancer survival of colonoscopy have been limited to the detection of lesions in the distal portion of the colon
|Procedure||Location||Prices From||Duration||Consultation Fee||Details|
|Gastroscopy||Manchester and Liverpool||£1,200 - Local Anaesthesia £150 (If Required)||15 - 45 minutes||£225||(Diagnostic oesophago-gastro-duodenoscopy (OGD), G6500).|
|Colonoscopy||Manchester and Liverpool||£1,550 - Local Anaesthesia £150 (If Required)||15 - 45 minutes||£225||(Diagnostic, H2002 or Therapeutic, H2003)|
|Gastroscopy + Colonoscopy||Manchester and Liverpool||£1,950 - Local Anaesthesia £150 (If Required)||30 - 60 minutes||£225||(Diagnostic oesophago-gastro-duodenoscopy (OGD) and immediate colonoscopy includes forceps biopsies, biopsy test and dye spray (as sole procedure), G8082)|
|Sigmoidoscopy||Manchester and Liverpool||£1,150 - Local Anaesthesia £150 (If Required)||15 - 45 minutes||£225||(Diagnostic flexible, H2502 or Therapeutic, H2503)|
|Virtual Colonoscopy||Manchester and Liverpool||£950 - Local Anaesthesia £150 (If Required)||15 - 45 minutes|
|Endoscopy||Essex||£875 - Local Anaesthesia £150 (If Required)||15 - 45 minutes||£225|
|Colonoscopy||Essex||£1,150 - Local Anaesthesia £150 (If Required)||15 - 45 minutes||£225|
|Sigmoidoscopy||Essex||£875 - Local Anaesthesia £150 (If Required)||15 - 45 minutes||£225|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Colonoscopy?
- A procedure that enables to evaluate the inside of the colon
- Colon can be large intestine or large bowel
- A long, flexible tube (colonoscope) is inserted into the colon.
- A tiny video camera at the tip of the tube allows the doctor to view the inside of the entire colon.
- If necessary, polyps or other types of abnormal tissue can also be removed through the scope during a colonoscopy.
- Tissue samples (biopsies) can be taken during a colonoscopy as well.
When is a Colonoscopy required?
- Colonoscopy may be done for a variety of reasons.
- Majority of colonoscopies are performed as part of screening programs for colon cancer.
- It can also include but not limited to:
1) Investigate the cause of blood in the stool
2) Abdominal pain
4) A change in bowel habit
5) or an abnormality found on colonic X-rays or a CT scans.