What does the Full Body MRI Scan package includes?
Whole Body MRI scan - Northwood London
A whole-body MRI scan looks at the body without ionising radiation and can be helpful to find cancers, inflammation or obstructive processes in the organs.
Note - More regions can be added based on the patient's lifestyle, family and medical history.
Full Body Scan Prices
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an MRI Full Body Scan?
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) uses strong magnetic fields and radio waves to obtain detailed views of the organs, tissues and skeletal system.
- It is a non-invasive way to diagnose abnormalities in body structure by producing high resolution images.
When is an MRI Scan performed?
- To detect brain and spine problems like strokes, tumors and aneurysms.
- To measure metabolical changes in the brain - Functional MRI.
- To analyse disorders of the eye and inner ear.
- To detect problems with internal organs like the Liver, Kidney or Pancreas.
- To measure the size of heart, thickness of heart walls and other structures.
- To analyse bone and joint abnormalities, infections and tumours in soft tissues.
- To detect breast cancer.
How is MRI Scan different from CT Scan?
- MRI can show clearer differences between normal and abnormal tissue while CT Scans can sometimes provide more detail about the heart, lungs, pelvis, hips, reproductive systems, bladder and gastrointestinal tract.
- MRI scans are safe and are commonly used for preventative checks.
- MRI scans do not involves any radiation, while CT scans involve radiation.
- MRI scans take more time than CT scans and are generally noisier.