London Knee Clinic
London Knee Clinic provides a comprehensive diagnostic service for problems involving the knees. Initial consultations are carried out by our Consultant Knee Specialist who works in association with a team of other clinicians including sports injury therapists, physiotherapists, nursing staff and in cases requiring surgery our consultant anaesthetists.
Need help? Call: 0207 989 0889
What is included in the package?
- Recommendation and referral for an appropriate MRI scan for the patient’s condition
- MRI Scan at a CQC certified diagnostic centre. We normally provide appointments within 3 days
- Same day appointment and assessment from highly experienced consultants. Please see our partners below
- A detailed radiologist report as a second opinion. All radiologists are certified in UK
- CD of the images for your MRI scan
What can a Knee MRI detect?
- Meniscus or Cartilage injuries
- Arthritis of the Knee
- Avascular Necrosis or Osteonecrosis
- Bone tumor and cancer
- Fractures, Broken Bones
- Bone Infections (osteomyelitis)
- Knee Cap Injuries
Treatments offered by our partner Knee Consultants
- Meniscal trimming and repair
- Ligament reconstruction
- ACL reconstruction
- Articular cartilage repair
- Removal of plica
- Patellofemoral surgery
- Custom Made Knee Replacements
- Total Knee Replacements
- Partial Knee Replacements
- Computer aided surgery
- Hyaluronan Injections
What are the different types of MRI Scanners available?
- 1.5 Tesla MRI – These are conventional MRI machines
- 3 Tesla MRI ( 3T MRI) – produces higher resolution images, are less noisy and are quicker than 1.5 Tesla MRI
- Open or Upright MRI – for claustrophobic and bariatric patients. In this MRI machine a patient can stand or sit on a chair while having the Scan